Bộ đề trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 8 (học kỳ II) UNIT 9: (phần 2)
Bộ đề trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 8 (học kỳ II)
UNIT 9: A FIRST-AID COURSE
I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a. damage b. revive c. promise d. bandage
2. a. asleep b. conscious c. sterile d. tissue
3. a. stretcher b. towel c. awake d. treatment
4. a. ambulance b. injection c. minimize d. handkerchief
5. a. happen b. beautiful c. hospital d. overheat
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence
below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. They moved to the city_____well - paying jobs.
a. in order to get b. for getting
c. in order not to get d. so that getting
7. ____is a type of bed used for carrying the sick or injured people.
a. Stretcher b. Ambulance c. Bandage d. Crutch
8. I think I____ home across the park.
a. walk b. will walk c. am walking d. walking
9. She_____ tight to the handrail.
a. held b. caught c. kept d. touched
10. I forgot to thank them_____ helping me.
a. about b. for c. of d. on
11. She covered her knees______ a blanket.
a. in b. under c. with d. of
12. The farmers look for other work_____ get more money for their
a. so as to b. in order that c. so as not to d. so that
13. She was _____ for days after the accident.
a. conscious b. unconscious c. consciously d. unconsciously
14. Scale is an instrument for showing_____people or things are.
a. how heavy b. how tall c how old d. how high
15. I tried to cheer him_____, but he just kept staring out the window.
a. on . b. up c. off d. out
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. I carried the knife carefully to not cut myself.
A B C D
17. I put a mat under the hot cup for stopping it damaging the table.
A B C D
18. I think you are enjoying the party tomorrow.
A B C D
19. Why don’t you come across this evening and we’ll talk about it
A B C D
20. Try to giving as much detail as possible in your answer.
A B C D
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Thank you very much (21)_____ the magazines and comics. I read all of
them last night. I have never seen American comics (22) _____. They are
really good - (23) _____ better than (24) _____ comics.
I (25) _____ some good news last night - we are going to Florida (26)
_____ the summer! I have never been to the States before, so I’m really
(27) _____. I’ve already (28)______ a guidebook - Disney World looks
amazing. Have you ever been there?
28. a. about
a. buy b. of
b. am hearing
b. buyed c. for
c. buying d. to
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best
answers each of the questions about it.
It all happened rather quickly - the doctors realized that I needed to
have my appendix out immediately, to prevent things from getting any
worse, and they operated on me straight away. But I’m not feeling too
bad and I’m getting better all the time. The doctors say it will take
about a week for me to get over the operation completely.
I do find it a bit boring here - there’s nothing to do. They say I mustn’t
get up unless it’s absolutely necessary, so I can’t even get to the TV
appendix (n) ruột thừa prevent (v) ngăn
operate (v) phẫu thuật
29. Who is the author?
a. a patient b. a nurse c. a victim d. a&c are correct
30. What is the passage written about?
a. an accident b. an event c. an emergency d. a festival
31. How long does it take him to get over the operation completely?
a. two days b. seven days c. fourteen days d. thirty days
32. How does the author feel after the operation?
a. He feels too bad.
b. He feels a bit boring in the hospital.
c. He feels better all the time.
d. b & c are correct
33. Which of the following is not true?
a. The author is watching TV. b. He is going home soon.
c. He can’t get up. d. He can’t go to the TV room.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from
1. a. bandage b. damage c. teenager d. message
2. a. first b. victim c. facility d. notice
3. a. conscious b. shock c. promise d. hold
4. a. about b. drought c. wound d. house
5. a. pressure b. address c. dressing d. possible